Julia MacPhee C.H.N.C., Pn1, Nutritional Consultant www.FitNutrition.ca, @FitNutritionCa, FB @FitNutrition
and Jessica Gatt, DTCM
Photo courtesy Neurotrition Inc.
Halloween is such a ”sweet” time of the year. How can you make it a little bit healthier for your little ones, while keeping it fun?
Try our Halloween gummies to TREAT your little ghouls at home.
With added antioxidant and immuno-protective benefits of SALUS RED BEET crystals, FLORA ELDERBERRY CRYSTALS, and cleansing food grade ORGANIKA ACTIVATED CHARCOAL .
Pick all your ingredients up at The Bownesian Grocer
Base color gummies:
- 1 cup of liquid
- 2 Tbsp of powdered gelatin (for vegetarian option use Agar-agar)
For orange gummies
- Use orange fruit smoothie. Orange juice is also a good option.
- Avoid pineapple smoothie or juice.
For red gummies
- Dissolve SALUS Red Beet Crystals in 1 cup of water or juice. Start with the instructions on the box and add as needed to the desired taste and color.
For purple gummies
- Dissolve FLORA Organic ELDERBERRY CRYSTALS in 1 cup of liquid (water or juice). Start with the instructions on the bow and add more crystals to the desired taste and color.
For black gummies
- Dissolve 1/2 tsp of food grade ORGANIKA Activated CHARCOAL in 1 cup of liquid (water or juice)
- Pour liquid into medium saucepan.
- Turn on low heat and gently whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour mixture into molds.
- Place in fridge until set, usually about an hour.
- To unmould, dip the mould into warm (not hot) water for about 5 seconds
- Carefully loosen the gummies by running a tip of a sharp knife around the edges. Flip over a serving dish and shake gently until gummies fall out.
- Keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.