By Julia MacPhee C.H.N.C., Pn1; Holistic Nutritional Consultant and Certified Nutrition Coach; www.FitNutrition.ca
Welcome the perfect snack for the lunch box! This healthy version of commercial roll ups, with no artificial sugars, food coloring or preservatives was tested and approved by the 11 and 14 year old boys!
They will keep up to two weeks on the counter or up to 4 weeks in the fridge. But don’t worry, they won’t be around that long.
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries (if using frozen- thaw them out first)
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Cinnamon (optional)
How to make
- Preheat oven to 170°F.
- Place parchment paper over the baking sheet.
- In a blender, puree fruit until smooth, then strain through a small strainer to remove seeds, if desired.
- Spread over baking sheet and dehydrate in the oven for 4-5 hours. The thinner the layer- the less time needed.
- Using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, slice into strips of desired width and roll-up